Falcon Software Configurable Radio Inhibitor System
Having a powerful 50 W (nom) twin channel transmitter, Falcon Plus is suitable for force convoy and VIP protection use. The system may also be dismounted into a static location for event, patrol-base or venue protection.
Please Note: Purchase of this equipment is subject to export licence approval.
- Falcon Plus utilises sophisticated Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) technology to provide a power efficient and effective radio inhibiting source.
- The pre-programmed data fill is developed in conjunction with a bespoke threat analysis. This analysis is designed to address the specific RCIED threat evolution within the Customer’s area of operations.
- Falcon Plus has two independent 10 W (nom) GSM inhibitor channels to cover low and high GSM bands and, a 20 W (nom) 3G inhibitor channel.
- Falcon Plus is available with a unique vehicle antenna system designed to cover the VHF, UHF, GSM and 3G bands. We are able to design and test bespoke ground plane antenna systems
based on the Customer’s own vehicle in order to optimise antenna performance.
- We can provide a user-friendly Portable Test Set unit for in-theatre testing of Falcon Plus equipment
- Frequency Coverage: VHF/UHF bands; Low Band GSM, High Band GSM and UMTS 2100 Band
- Power supply: 24-30 VDC Power consumption 700W nominal (all channels operational). Power can be drawn from an additional 24VDC alternator and separate batteries or, an (optional) mains supply
- Operational Temperature: -10°C to +55°C
- Operational Humidity: Up to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- RF Power Out: Total composite RF Power output: 140 W +/-3 dB at 24 VDC supply and ambient temperature of 22°C from the Falcon Plus equipment into 50 Ω loads. The power may vary outside this range if operated under other conditions
- Dimensions: 180 x 450 x 450 mm not including connectors, base plate and mounts
- Weight: 30kg (approx ) not including antennas
- Shock and vibration: DEF STAN 00-35
- Remote control unit and cable for vehicle installation
- DDS ‘fill’ gun and software kit
- Optional Vehicle Antenna System including:
- 2 x VHF whip antennas
- 2 x UHF antennas
- 2 x cell phone antennas (GSM900 & GSM1800/3G)
- DC input lead
- Standard ‘fill’ provided
- Slide-in tray for vehicle mount (optional)
- AC power supply (optional)