Vehicle Mounted Radio Frequency Inhibitor System
The Griffin Vehicle-Mounted Radio Frequency Inhibitor System transmits powerful jamming signals over a wide frequency range (20 MHz – 2.5 GHz). Using Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS)
technology the Griffin surpasses the performance of analogue systems; Griffin provides greater operational effectiveness for less overall output power.
- Griffin is a digital system with a modular design. This modularity allows the system to be designed and expanded to
- Griffin is highly flexible with the ability to concentrate signal power onto particular spot frequencies or threat bands.
- Griffin is effective against most types of radio broadcast including all bands of cellular telephones communication and Wireless Local Area Network (W-LAN 2.4 GHz).
- The equipment can be used for effective protection against Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIEDs).
- Using an alternative wide-band fill the Griffin may also be used as a communication jamming system.
- Griffin comprises of eight Radio Frequency (RF) modules together with a Griffin Power Module and a Main System
Controller (MSC). The MSC provides control over the RF modules including frequency programming and system
- We are able to provide an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) package bespoke to customer requirement including threat analysis, installation, training and support. Antenna ground plane solutions for the Customer’s vehicle type can be tested in the Company’s 30 metre Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) chamber to ensure optimal performance of the Griffin equipment.
- Frequency Coverage: 20 MHz – 2500 MHz in 11 independent bands:-
- 25-80, 80-200, 200-500 (Dual Channel), 500-975, 975-1450, 1450-1925, 1925-2400 MHz, 900GSM nabd, 1800GSM band, 2.4GHz WLAN band and 3G band
- Power Supply:
- 24-28 VDC 90 A max at 24 VDC
- 230 VAC option available
- Operational Temperature: -10°C to +40°C
- Operational Humidity: Up to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- RF Output Power: Total composite RF power from Griffin output into 50 Ohm loads: 500W ±2 dB at 22°C ambient,
27 VDC supply*
- Size: 336 x 794 x 388 mm exclusive of base plate and mounts
- Weight: 75kg excluding antennas and cables
*The RF power may vary if there are alterations to this standard configuration
- Remote control unit for in-vehicle control
- DDS fill gun and software kit
- Anti-vibration mounts and plates
- Integral cooling
- Antenna system
- Comprehensive installation and commissioning instructions
Example Antenna System:
- Roof-box to protect internal antennas:
- 2 x monopole stub antennas for low/mid band use (200-500 MHz)
- 2 x mid-band and 2 x high-band high efficiency antennas
- 1 x 3G antenna
- 1 x W-LAN antenna
- External to the roof box:
- 900GSM and 1800GSM
- 1 x low-band omnidirectional whip antenna with matching unit
- 1 x low-band omnidirectional monopole antenna with matching unit