BRAU5030 X-Ray Baggage Scanner
The BRAU5030 X-Ray Baggage Scanner is designed for visual inspection of different objects (baggage, mail, etc.) without opening them to reveal objects, materials and substances that are prohibited for import/export or differ from declared content.
We are baggage scanner manufacturers for airports, hotels and more. It use allows to effectively inspect parcels, small baggage and personal belongings to detect dangerous objects (including identification of substances by effective atomic number) and other prohibited items.
The system allows identification of weapons, explosives (including plastic explosives), drugs, primers and dangerous objects, which are safety hazard.
- Maximum distributed load on
- Maximum distributed load the conveyor belt, kg, max: 160
- Conveyor speed, m / s: 0.22±0.03
Digital X-ray Image Receiver
- Receiver type: multiunit array
- Type of x-ray sensitive element: scintillator coated semiconductor photodiode
- Wire detectability (minimum diameter of copper wire/standard operating mode) mm: 0.08 (40 AWG)
- Steel penetration, standard operation mode, mm: 36 / 10*
- Steel penetration, high penetration mode, mm: 38
- Anode voltage, kV
- Standard operating mode: 140 / 90*
- High penetration mode: 160
- Angle of radiation: 60°
- Cooling system: oil cooling
- Anode type: stationary
Tunnel dimensions, mm
- Width: 520±3
- Height: 320±5
Overall dimensions, not more than, mm
- Width: 735
- Height: 1335
- Length: 1250
* these values are applicable for the version with 90kV generator
The purpose of the system software is to control the operation of the Scanner as well as to provide the opportunity to acquire, visualize and process digital X-ray images. To facilitate the work of the operator, a control panel is provided. The panel makes it possible to access all the software features.
GENERAL PURPOSE FUNCTIONS:
- Password-protected logon.
SELF-TESTING AND PERFORMANCE SUPPORT FUNCTIONS:
- Automatic self-testing;
- Displaying messages about operating status of the Scanner;
- Warming up the X-ray generator (the process can be started both manually and automatically).
HARDWARE CONTROL FUNCTIONS:
- Controlling the conveyor belt drive, the protective shutter’s drive, the X-ray generator;
- Automatic changing of generator’s operating modes depending on the scanner idle time;
- Acquiring data from the X-ray detector;
- Automatically calibrating the X-ray detector;
- Turning off the X-ray generator in case of emergency;
- Indicating X-ray on.
DIGITAL X-RAY IMAGE ACQUISITION, VISUALIZATION, AND PROCESSING FUNCTIONS:
- Acquiring images without additional algorithmic processing;
- Highlighting optically dense objects;
- Adjusting contrast of strongly absorbing objects;
- Inverting images;
- Performing gamma–correction of images;
- Optimizing the overall contrast: a combination of edge enhancement and local contrast enhancement algorithms;
- Coloring images according to calculated values of atomic numbers of substances which compose objects under inspection;
- Coloring substances with atomic numbers from a selected range;
- Pseudocolouring objects with a possibility of selection of various palettes;
- Displaying organic objects with atomic numbers equal to 7, 8, and 9;
- Displaying substances according to a selected range of signal strength;
- Magnifying one out of nine predefined areas of an image;
- Zooming images up to 96x;
- Automatically highlighting suspicious objects (which can be related to drugs, explosives, or arms).
- Saving X-ray images to files;
- Storing a predefined number of images;
- Browsing the image archive;
- Copying images on external storage media (CD/DVD disks and flash-drives);
- Viewing and copying images from a local area network;
- Automatic preparing, filing and printing service reports;
- Controlling quality of operator’s performance with the TIP program module;
- Counting inspected baggage.